Tesla Roadster Receives Upgrades for 2012 [Photo Gallery]
The Tesla Roadster is approaching the end of its life cycle fast, but this hasn’t stopped the company from introducing a series of minor updates for the 2012 model, which come to make the driving experience more pleasant.
This is the last edition of the electric sports car, with the vehicle only being offered in Europe, Asia and Australia. In case you are wondering about the availability, Tesla said that the upgraded Roadsters will be sold “while they last”.
Here is the full list of changes for this year:
• Exclusive encore colors – Cosmic Black, Galactic Gray and Magma Orange – with new, complimentary interior colors
• A rear snow cover and improved motor and inverter systems for even better performance in snow and ice
• Improved air conditioning for driver comfort in the hottest months
• Xenon headlamps ideal for rural night driving
• Enhanced front windscreen seals to make the cabin even quieter
• Two new Mobile Connectors available for charging in Europe and Japan
• The Tesla IEC Type 2 (Mennekes) Mobile Connector enables charging from Type 2 stations and outlets, the most common EV charging infrastructure in Europe
• The J1772 Mobile Connector enables charging from a developing infrastructure of public J1772 charge stations in Japan
"The Tesla Roadster is the first and only of its kind: an electric sports car with exhilarating performance, zero emissions and gorgeous looks," said Tesla Vice President of Communications, Ricardo Reyes. "This latest version embodies Tesla's commitment to constant improvement. These Roadsters are our best ever."
❐ Check out the Tesla Roadster 2012 photo gallery
By Andrei Tutu